There’s been plenty of buzz about the Nintendo Switch, the gaming company’s newest console, so it shouldn’t be surprising that retailers are looking to cash in.
Best Buy, for instance, says it will open about 600 of its stores nationwide at 12:01 a.m. Friday to sell the Switch. Several of those locations are in Central Texas.
Best Buy stores that don’t open early will have the Switch for sale Friday starting at their regular opening time. The units sell for about $300.
The Central Texas stores opening at 12:01 a.m. are:
- Cedar Park: 11066 Pecan Park Blvd.
- Killeen: 3209 E. Central Texas Expy.
- Mueller: 1201 Barbara Jordan Blvd.
- North Austin: 9607 Research Blvd.
- Round Rock: 3201 S Interstate 35
- San Marcos: 1050 McKinley Place Drive
- Southpark Meadows: 9600 S. I-35
News on Open Source is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of 512tech.com comes with an American-Statesman digital subscription, which also includes myStatesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe at statesman.com/subscribe.