South by Southwest Interactive is overwhelming, and you could argue that’s by design.
The vast array of panels, parties, meetups, workshops, trade-show booths and award shows set for March 11-15 (plus SXSW Gaming Expo the following weekend) seem programmed to overstimulate and disorient.
But that variety, fest organizers would tell you, is a feature, not a bug, a way to make the annual tech festival, now in its 23rd year, as big a tent as possible.
But where do you find the good stuff? What programming is best suited to your interests if you’ve got a badge and are working up your schedule?
You can pore through the massive SXSW schedule, focus on featured and keynote speakers, do a search for specific terms or take a look at some highlights we’ve gathered for specific tracks and topics at the fest.
- Here's what to expect from the daylong online harassment summit.
- There will be tons of celebrities at Interactive. Omar Gallaga documents where to find them.
- We take you through what to expect from the virtual and augmented reality programming at this year's fest.
- The health and medtech track continues to thrive, with an emphasis this year on data and wearables.
- For the political junkies, we've documented which people and panels you shouldn't miss.
- And techies won't want to miss one of the many "Internet of Things" panels.