South by Southwest on Tuesday has released another round of content for the 2017 conference, just a week after a partnership with the White House was announced for next month.
In addition to film director and "Empire" showrunner Lee Daniels, announced as a SXSW Film keynote, SXSW has added "Product Mavericks: Top Tips from Women Who Build," a panel that includes Slack's growth team leader Merci Grace; Stephanie Hannon, the CTO of Hillary for America; Lyft's vice president of product Tali Rapaport and Fidji Simo, director of product at Facebook.
Featured speakers added are:
* AI researcher Kate Crawford.* Ford Motor Co. executive chairman Bill Ford, in conversation with C3 Group president and co-founder Doug Newcomb.
* Author and senior research fellow in the Centre on Asia and Globalisation at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, Parag Khanna.
* Kimbal Musk, cofounder of The Kitchen.
* Author, philanthropist and owner of the NBA's Sacramento Kings, Vivek Ranadivé.
* Film music supervisor Randall Poster.
* TV host and frequent SXSW party host Rachael Ray.
News on Open Source is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of 512tech.com comes with an American-Statesman digital subscription, which also includes myStatesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe at statesman.com/subscribe.