In case you missed it this week, the "Statesman Shots" podcast was also hitting South by Southwest Interactive pretty hard this week,filing five videos and four audio dispatches from a more pop-culture perspective. The show is hosted by 512tech's Omar L. Gallaga and Austin Eavesdropper blogger Tolly Moseley and you can see what they were up to at the fest in these five episodes:
- The week started with a visit to HomeAway's human birdhouse, which is being rented out this weekend to SXSW Music festgoers. In the audio episode, Tolly and Omar speculated on who should stay at such a place.
- Next was the 4th Street and Congress Ave. installation for USA's TV show "Mr. Robot." The Ferris wheel was a popular attraction through SXSW Interactive. The audio dispatch was about unreliable narrators, a la "Mr Robot" hacker antihero Elliott.
- The St. Bernards at Mophie's Rescue installation were absolutely adorable, though not such a great interview given that dogs are not huge talkers.
- Austin filmmaker Richard Linklater was the subject of a March 12 gallery opening at Mondo which included posters based on his films. It was the night after his "Everybody Wants Some" SXSW Film premiere. Discussed on the podcast were other filmmakers we'd like to see get the art gallery treatment.
- Lastly, "Shots" was on the red carpet and at the screening for the new Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele comedy "Keanu." Find out what they thought of the movie and interviewing the stars of "Key and Peele."
News on Open Source is free and unlimited. Access to the rest of 512tech.com comes with an American-Statesman digital subscription, which also includes myStatesman.com and the ePaper edition. Subscribe at statesman.com/subscribe.