Marking 100 years in publication, Forbes compiled a list of the 100 “greatest living business minds.” And Texas didn’t go without its share of recognition.
Six Texans, half of whom are from Austin, were included on the list, and shared tales of their business savvy and experiences:
- Jerry Jones The magazine calls the Dallas Cowboys owner a “oil wildcatter, football revolutionary.”
- T. Boone Pickens The Dallas oilman discusses his philosophy on being “bullish.”
- H. Ross Perot Sr. Forbes calls the Dallas entrepreneur a “data pioneer” and he stresses the importance of believing in big ideas.
- Michael Dell Austin’s “dorm room legend” talks about the growing importance of artificial intelligence and what role it will play in the future of business.
- Robert Smith Austin’s Vista Equity founder talks about how crucial human relationships are to success.
- John Paul Dejoria He’s a self-made billionaire two times over and the hair care and tequila maker reveals the rule he lives by. (Bonus: See pictures of Dejoria’s recently sold Dripping Springs ranch here.)
You can check out who else made the list here.